Social and Behavior Change Research Award
USAID is seeking to strengthen the generation and utilization of evidence on social and behavior change programming that addresses agency of individuals and communities to improve the uptake and continuation of healthy behaviors, including family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH), maternal and child health (MCH), nutrition, and/or other outcomes. This includes socio-behavioral research around desirability and acceptability of MPT products.
Additional details can be found at USAID Business Forecast Search and searching within “Title/Description/A&A Plan ID” for Award Opportunity: AA-312481, then hit enter.
- A&A Plan ID: AA-312481
- Anticipated Release Date: 26 February 2021
- Letters of Intent Due: TBD
- Application Due: TBD
The Microbicide 2020 R&D Project: Advancing the Research and Development of Innovative HIV Prevention Products for Women
USAID is seeking solutions that bring together a collective of partners with unique scientific and technical expertise, that when combined, engender R&D collaborations with a shared goal to advance the R&D of safe and effective biomedical products for HIV prevention that will have substantial impact on HIV incidence in women, especially adolescent girls and young women in sub-Saharan Africa, and potentially in other populations as well.
These HIV prevention products should have characteristics optimized for cost-effective implementation at scale in PEPFAR and country-supported HIV prevention and other health programs. These include long-acting systemic or topical investigational MPT products that protect from HIV as a primary indication, but can potentially also provide effective contraception, prevent other sexually transmitted infections (e.g., HSV), and address highly prevalent vaginal conditions (e.g., bacterial vaginosis).
Additional details can be found at www.GRANTS.gov by searching within “Search Grants” for Funding Opportunity Number: GLOBALHEALTHBAA-MICROBICIDES-2021, then clicking on the opportunity number.
- Funding Opportunity #: GLOBALHEALTHBAA-MICROBICIDES-2021
- Open Date: 25 January 2021
- Letters of Intent Due: 11 March 2021
- Application Due: 11 March 2021
The Microbicide 2021 Introduction and Access Project
The objective of USAID’s Microbicide 2021 Introduction and Access Project is to ensure that women can prevent HIV acquisition by accelerating the introduction and scale-up of biomedical products for HIV prevention, especially those products that are new or for which regulatory approval is imminent, and to expedite their availability, acceptance, uptake, and impact in PEPFAR programs. This includes MPTs that prevent HIV, other sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and/or unintended pregnancy.
Additional details can be found at www.GRANTS.gov by searching within “Search Grants” for Funding Opportunity Number: 7200AA21RFA00008, then clicking on the opportunity number.
- Funding Opportunity #: 7200AA21RFA00008
- Open Date: 27 January 2021
- Letters of Intent Due: NA
- Application Due: 28 March 2021
NIH HIV Prevention Trials Network
The HPTN is calling for new research concepts from HPTN and non-HPTN affiliated investigators. Submissions that fit HPTN’s mission, objectives, and scientific priorities as well as address any of the research pillars below will be considered. Learn more!
- Identifying novel antiretroviral (ARV)-based methods and delivery systems for HIV prevention
- Developing multipurpose prevention technologies for HIV prevention as well as for contraception, prevention of other sexually transmitted infections or opioid dependence
- Evaluating broadly neutralizing antibodies alone or in a combination that prevent HIV acquisition, in collaboration with the HIV Vaccine Trials Network
- Designing and conducting population-specific integrated strategy studies that combine biomedical, socio-behavioral, and structural interventions for HIV prevention to maximize their effectiveness
- Funding Opportunity #: NA
- Open Date: 11 January 2021
- Letters of Intent Due: 1 March 2021
- Application Due: 5 April 2021
Biological Testing Facility (X01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development’s (NICHD) state-of-the art Biological Testing Facility supports female and/or male non-hormonal contraception development, including MPTs. This opportunity is to support the enablement of an IND/IDE study of a pre-clinical candidate that offers a safe, non-hormonal based therapy for female and/or male contraception that acts prior to fertilization and does not act via the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis. Additional details can be found at www.GRANTS.gov by searching within “Search Grants” for Funding Opportunity Number: PAR-21-078, then clicking on the opportunity number.
- Funding Opportunity #: PAR-21-078
- Open Date: 15 December 2020
- Letters of Intent Due: Not Applicable
- Application Due: 15 July 2021, 14 January 2022, 15 July 2022
Contraception Development Research Center Program (P50 Clinical Trial Optional)
The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) is seeking to support and facilitate multidisciplinary approaches towards the development of new and/or improved contraceptive methods for women and men through the formation of a Contraceptive Research Development Center. The NICHD is accepting applications including translational studies to facilitate the pre-clinical to clinical transition and increase the likelihood of clinical success and sociobehavioral and market research to test user acceptability for contraceptive products being developed. The Center will also serve as a national resource for development of early-stage investigators electing to pursue careers in contraceptive research. Applications focused on the late-stage pre-clinical development or clinical development of a single non-hormonal MPT with both contraceptive and anti-infective properties are of high priority. Additional details can be found at www.GRANTS.gov by searching within “Search Grants” for Funding Opportunity Number: RFA-HD-22-003, then clicking on the opportunity number.
- Funding Opportunity #: RFA-HD-22-003
- Open Date: 28 February 2021
- Letters of Intent Due: 29 October 2021
- Application Due: 29 November 2021
Family Planning and Reproductive Health Methods APS
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking to support the research, development, and introduction of technologies and approaches that better meet the needs of women as their sexual and reproductive health concerns change over time. This includes the development of multipurpose prevention technologies (MPTs) that address the simultaneous risks of unintended pregnancy, HIV, and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs)—particularly Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) and Human Papillomavirus (HPV). Additional details can be found on the Round 4 call for concept papers at www.GRANTS.gov by searching within “Search Grants” for Funding Opportunity Number: SOL-OAA-13-000024, then clicking on the opportunity number.
- Funding Opportunity #: SOL-OAA-13-000024
- Open Date: 15 January 2013
- Concept Papers Due: 14 February 2020
- Application Due: 14 January 2023